Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A new new(b) beginning

5 days from the start of classes and I'm in for some big changes! I had a conversation with my principal this afternoon that led to a change in teaching position...A change that's a big step in a better direction. 

Principal:  "Oh me oh my, I have so many classes and no teachers to teach them!"
Ms. Noob: "Oh me, oh my, I'm so confused with this crazy afternoon of prep teaching gym and science and social studies and library to a bunch of random classes... Can't I just have my ONE and only class?"
Principal: "How good are you at adapting to last minute changes?"
Ms. Noob: "How good are you at providing support, resources and lessons for me to teach?"

And that's how I went from being a kindergarten teacher yesterday to a split grade 2/3 teacher today. 

I haven't seen my new classroom yet but it's much easier to prep and furnish grades above kindergarten. It's a shame though, all the work I put into my rundown basement nook. Oh well!! Let the frantic final days begin!

I made my tree! and fixed up my reading corner. I hope the new teacher will like it!


1 comment:

  1. Aww your tree is so cute :3 Glad your able to have more resources available to you now with the sudden change, even though I believe it might be more work on your plate haha~ Hope the teacher will keep it to see it grow later on :D

    Never thought teaching kindergarten can be confusing o.O

    ReplyDelete