Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bare Necessities ... or just plain bare.


Today was spent planning, cleaning, and praying swift death upon the spiders in my room... but mostly today was spent scavenging. I would like to recommend they add a picture/example of a teacher next to the definition of "scavenger" in the dictionary. Given not even the bare necessities of a classroom and no budget to spend, a teacher must scour their surrounding areas for discarded goods and scraps. I spent about 6 hours today just prepping my classroom...

The front of my classroom
  


The back of the classroom ... so bleh.

Kind donations from other classrooms :3


The reading center ... needs cushions... and books





The block building center... that has no blocks



The sand and water station... without the water 












Visual Arts center ... with nothing but paints
















I moved my desk to make room for centers
The dramatic play area - highly gender specific







1 comment:

  1. I love love love LOVE that mat! I'm so jealous! We have these stupid individual mats because apparently the floor is heated so they can't have actual carpet. It sounds cushy but it's a PAIN. I think you could use the chalkboard behind your dramatic play area - I have a bulletin board behind mine and made it kind of a window, I'll post a photo on your Facebook wall. It looks a little bare now but I think it will look great once you get some stuff up! And I heart your blog - it was the kick in the ass I needed to start mine! Follow me and let's be noobs together!!! <3<3<3 X3

    ReplyDelete